We are the New Champions for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. We invite you to join us and sign the New Champions Pledge.
By signing the New Champions Pledge, you are joining the New Champions 5050 global movement and you are making a commitment to upholding the principles outlined in the Pledge, as well as taking action in your sphere of influence.
We will be in touch with you on ideas for collaboration, upcoming events and programs, and ways that we can illuminate the world together as New Champions.
New Champions Pledge
Whereas the World Economic Forum has pledged a commitment to promoting women’s leadership and closing global gender gaps as fundamental elements needed to meet global economic and political challenges, we declare this resolution to focus our individual and combined efforts on building a better world where both genders have equal access to and involvement in leadership and decision making.
Now, therefore, be it resolved that we, as New Champions, agree to support the initiatives below within our respective organizations and spheres of influence:
1) To create or advocate for policies and practices that promote gender equality and close gender gaps - in our organizations, communities, countries, and spheres of influence.
2) To empower and develop the leadership potential and innovative/entrepreneurial/creative capacities of the women and girls in our spheres of influence;
3) To encourage and sponsor increased female participation in governance, board, and senior management positions, and to promote a diverse and inclusive set of perspectives;
4) To provide ongoing dialogue, debate, ideas exchange, and sharing of best practices about gender equality and women's leadership;
5) To support and encourage women to be more effective leaders by connecting them with a community of peers, mentors and potential supporters from around the world, with Young Global Leaders and New Champions acting as catalysts in their regions;
6) To support and promote programs, organizations, and initiatives that empower women and girls with knowledge, skills and expertise, and that encourage women and girls to actively participate in leadership in the workplace, in innovation, in public leadership, in media, and in helping achieve the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
7) To raise awareness within our countries about the World Economic Forum Global Gender Gap Index (which examines the gap between men and women in four fundamental categories: economic participation and opportunity, educational attainment, health and survival and political empowerment) as well as all data, measures, and analyses of the gender gap and opportunities for women and girls, to ensure that we are tracking progress and setbacks, and can better target interventions to accelerate gender equality.
I support the New Champions 5050 global movement, and sign the New Champions Pledge, providing my confirmation of my agreement with the Pledge, and my commitment below.
Thank you for your support of the New Champions 5050 global movement!
We look forward to enabling gender equality and changing the world together!