Inaugural New Champions 5050 Summit
March 10-11, 2018 | New York City
New Champions 5050 is a Young Global Leaders’ initiative for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls, and brings together Young Global Leaders, Global Shapers, Schwab Social Entrepreneurs, Young Scientists, and Tech Pioneers of the World Economic Forum to commit to actions, and create solutions to accelerate gender equality, and empower women and girls.
The Inaugural New Champions 5050 Summit brings together Young Global Leaders, Global Shapers, Schwab Social Entrepreneurs, Young Scientists, and Tech Pioneers, from around the world, to get organized on a global scale, to inspire commitments, to celebrate actions, to foster collaborations, to exchange learnings, to share best practices, and to achieve shared goals in everyone’s sphere of influence.
- To convene members across the communities of Young Global Leaders, Global Shapers, Schwab Social Entrepreneurs, Young Scientists and Tech Pioneers, to exchange insights and solutions on how to advance women’s leadership, and achieve gender parity in our fields and industries.
- To learn from each others’ case studies and codify actionable insights in a “New Champions 5050 Action Guidebook” and through videos from the event, for later publication and circulation with our communities, and companies, academic institutions, governments, and the public.
- To build our initiative’s leadership, and get organized on a global scale.
- To understand/map what everyone is working on, so we can better support ongoing programs, projects, research, and actions around our shared goals.
- To share updates and launch some of the operating projects within New Champions 5050 initiative, including the GEM Project (Global Expert Mentoring) Project.
- To foster friendships and connections, and build a community of like-minded leaders who share a passion for gender equality, diversity, inclusion, and creating a better world together.
The Summit kicks off with an Opening Talk and Evening Reception on Saturday, March 10, continues throughout the day on Sunday, March 11, and concludes with a Closing Reception and (optional) Small-Group Dinners across New York City, on Sunday evening, March 11.
The event takes place on the weekend preceding the Annual UN CSW Meetings in New York, and immediately following the 2018 YGL Harvard Module. Attendance at the event is by invitation. We anticipate 100+ participants, including invited speakers and experts representing a diversity of companies, organizations and institutions. The event is sponsored by the Womensphere Foundation, and is free for confirmed and registered attendees.
5:30 – 8:00 PM Opening Talks & Networking Reception
8:00 – 9:00 AM Breakfast & Opening Discussions
9:00 – 5:30 PM Activities, Speakers, Dialogue & Discussions
5:30 – 6:30 PM Closing Networking Reception
7:00 – 9:00 PM Small-group Dinners (Optional)